Tuesday 15 February 2011

Finished Weapon concept

I started to design my weapon by creating basic line work to show were different parts will be and help to define levels. It also ment that i could use the line work to block out colour easy so that i could get an understanding of different tones and what they would look like together.

My line gun:



I like the design it does appear to be heavy on one end but i can counter this by using light metal so it look heavy but isn't, size denotes power and making it appear big makes it appear powerful. The design is for my character and its more of a personal created weapon for her but i didn't want to make it colour and decorated personal i wanted to make it just custom weapon for the character, so it would appear to be well used and similar to her style. I also did a small front view to remind me were areas would stick out 3d like so that it does appear flat when i paint it.

My painted image:



This is my coloured version, i added details like scratches to make the gun to appear used and old so that you can tell she has had a hold of it for a while making it more personal. I created a torch on the under the barrel to show how the player can use the weapon at night or in dark situations. Other details include how the weapon work like i added a cartridge slot at the side of the gun so that the player went reloading would place a cartridge clip in the slot then when the ammo is empty it would pop out enough to be pulled out and replaced. I added gun prints to show parts like warning and ammo location. I also made them worn so that were the ammo would have rubbed and strached against it. It helps the gun to appear more realistic. I wanted to take an idea from the modern gun the G11 which its shells are incinerated and disburst as dust from the gun meaning that no burning hot metal is ejected from the weapon like most of todays weapons. This makes the gun seem more realistic in the time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment